Business Analyst (Jersey City)
Job Location: Jersey City
Who we are looking for…
A tech savvy Business Analyst with proven experience working with globally distributed technology teams to improve business processes and the capability and stability of the full software development life cycle. You’re a self-starter who works well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Your responsibilities will include…
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage projects, including new releases, throughout the entire implementation, including testing, deployment, production training and support.
- Partner with Project Leads to translate business idea and/or new initiatives into detailed functional requirements, analyze business gaps and opportunities, elicit and capture complete and unambiguous user requirements, and break down complex processes into workable units
- Document the requirements by writing user stories, Use-case diagram, scenarios, and business process & workflow analysis for web based and mobile applications.
- Maintain up-to date documentation to support all project functions
- Effectively facilitate sessions, build consensus, and define criteria; aggregate input from Project Leads to prioritize features and requirements according to business value and objectives
- Lead design sessions prototyping new systems/functionalities
- Work closely with Test, UX/UI and development teams to identify and document specifications
You bring to the table…
- 3-5+ years of business analysis work experience - analyzing and solving business problems through the development and implementation of business applications
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects and assignments concurrently and deliver on commitments
- High level experience in problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to translate into solutions
- Expertise with entire MS Office Suite: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint
- Ability to adapt to continuous changes in business requirement
- Experience working on Mobile apps (strong preference for travel, neighborhood/community products)
Additional knowledge/skills/abilities we think are great to have…
- Experience working with global teams across numerous time zones
- Strong command of the English language - both verbal and written
- BS/BA degree in Information Technology or equivalent