Database Developer (Bangalore, Kiev, Jersey City)
Job Location: Bangalore, Kiev, Jersey City
Who we are looking for…
A highly technical Database Developer to participate in the build out and development of our enterprise data product. You have a passion for designing, developing, and implementing database systems, tools, and applications using the Oracle, Sybase and Microsoft SQL Server platform. You are an expert with PL/SQL and advanced techniques (pipeline/analytic functions, metadata driven solutions, stored Java, etc.) and experienced with Java. You have proven experience with multiple OS environments and their scripting languages (Linux shell, Windows power shell, etc.).
Your responsibilities will include…
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in data service architecture strategy discussions
- Design and prototype program for synthetic data, subsetting data and data masking
- Extract DDL from different databases
- Create highly scalable transactional database schemas utilizing data modeling discipline with an understanding of normalization, de-normalization, and the difference between the two
- Create and implement processing monitoring and data quality analysis scripts for data loading/unloading
- Develop and execute data mining analysis
You bring to the table…
- 8+ years of database development experience (preference for both Oracle and Sybase), MS SQL server development. DB2 experience a plus.
- Expertise with shell script (awk, sed, etc.)
- Proven experience writing high performance SQL queries. Strong understanding SQL tuning (both in Oracle and Sybase/MS SQL)
- Proficient in Java for database related applications (JDBC) or other programming language like Python
- Experience with Agile development process a plus
Additional knowledge/skills/abilities we think are great to have…
- Strong command of the English language - both verbal and written.
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field.
- Data masking/Subletting/Synthetic data experience is a plus
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python is a plus